Order of Australia recipients in New England congratulated
12 Jun 2017
Deputy Prime Minister and Member for New England, Barnaby Joyce, has congratulated the 11 recipients of the Order of Australia in the New England Electorate that were named as part of the Queen’s Birthday Honours today.
The Order of Australia is the most prestigious means of recognising outstanding members of the community at a national level and were established by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in 1975.
Mr Joyce said the local recipients include one Officer of the Order of Australia (AO), two Members of the Order of Australia (AM) and eight Medals of the Order of Australia (OAM).
The recipients are as follows:
- Angus David Paradice AO, Scone. For distinguished service to the community through philanthropic contributions and charitable support, and to business and commerce in the field of investment management.
- Philip Michael Hamblin AM, Armidale. For significant service to the law, particularly through representation of, and legal assistance to, the Indigenous community of Armidale.
- John Dudley McPhee AM, Armidale. For significant service to the road transport industry in the area of supply chain and logistics, and to the community
- Mrs Joyce Isabel Carr OAM, Nundle. For service to the community of Nundle
- Dr Roderick Douglas Peek OAM, Tamworth. For service to medicine as a dermatologist.
- Mrs Lorraine Joy Pfitzner OAM, Tamworth. For service to country music.
- Mr Bruce Anthony Stewart OAM, Tamworth. For service to the community of Tamworth.
- Mr James Morison Treloar OAM, Tamworth. For service to local government, and to the community of Tamworth.
- Mrs Marcia Anne Wilson OAM, Woolomin. For service to the community through a range of organisations.
- Mrs Colleen Fay Wills OAM, Quirindi. For service to local government, and to the community of Quirindi.
- Mr Brian Kenneth Marshall OAM, Guyra. For service to primary industry education.
“The people recognised by these awards today are outstanding members of our community that we should all aspire to,” Mr Joyce said.
“I congratulate the recipients for their achievements and encourage others in the New England community to follow their example.”
More information on the recipients is available at www.gg.gov.au/australian-honours-and-awards/australian-honours-lists. Information about nominating is available at www.itsanhonour.gov.au