Joyce says last chance to nominate mobile coverage black spots
28 July 2014
FEDERAL Member for New England Barnaby Joyce has issued a reminder that this Friday is the last chance for people to nominate locations for the Abbott Government’s $100 million Mobile Black Spot Programme.
Earlier this year Mr Joyce hosted a visit by Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Communications, Paul Fletcher MP, to inspect and discuss potential sites for communication towers to eliminate black spots in the Electorate.
However he said further to Mr Fletcher’s visit to the New England Electorate, there was one last chance for people to nominate any additional locations for the $100 million Mobile Black Spot Programme.
Under the Mobile Black Spot Programme, the Abbott Government will invest $100 million in telecommunications infrastructure to improve mobile coverage in outer metropolitan, regional and remote Australia.
The Government will begin a competitive selection process in the second half of this year, with a view to announcing the locations which have been selected for funding in the first half of 2015. The Government anticipates that the first base stations funded under the programme will begin to roll out in the second half of 2015.
Final nominations of eligible black spots are due by 5pm on Friday, 1 August and can be made by emailing email@example.com
Visit www.communications.gov.au/mobile_services/mobile_black_spot_programme for more information.